Monday, October 7, 2013


But this week was good for alot of other reasons! I know I don't talk about alot of the people we teach but there were a few things this week that were just pretty amazing and mind blowing. So two of our investigators, Gorata and Motlepula, we have been teaching for about 2 months. So this week we had a lesson about the atonement. We taught about how the atonement means nothing if we don't use it. If we don't repent for our sins then the whole atonement really has no meaning. So we have been going to see them a couple of times a week and so we asked them if they had prayed about anything that we had taught them. So the mother, Motlepula she said no. And of course me and my companion Sister Gehring were kind of surprised and we were just about to tell her how she will never know if she doesnt pray when she said "I prayed about it the first time you came. When you left, later on that night I prayed to know if the things were true. I had a dream. It frightened me because in my dream I saw a white man and he was dressed in all white. He came to me and told me that the people who came and taught me that what they're teaching is true. What they are telling you is true. So i haven't prayed about it again." Both me and my companion just were shocked. I didn't know what to say. But i knew that it was true. 
Also we have been teaching a lady named Ma Musi and her fried Parks (boyfriend) and we actually have seen her a few times but we go slow because they have great potential and we want them to REALLY get it. They are an older couple like 50's and last night we taught them about the Restoration. It was probably one of the best lessons we had. We taught with power and they really understood and so when we got close to finishing I asked them to read Moroni 10:3-5 and they did and they really understood. Then all of a sudden I just felt the spirit hit me so strong to talk about Joseph Smith as well. So I did and I explained to her that when she reads and prays and ponders she will know that Joseph was a prophet and that this is the true church, Jesus Christ church back on the earth today. The spirit was so strong and we knew they all felt it too. Then we committed her to baptism and she said yes. I honestly love this mission. The spirit that you get is so different and I truly know we are instruments in the hands of God. I feel the spirit work through me and it has to be the greatest thing ever. 
There was also another experience that stuck out for me as well. We have another investigator named Ishmael Adam. He has 6 kids and he is married but he is the only one really interested. He has been struggling with smoking and we have been having a hard time trying to figure out how to help him so this week we did a lesson on trusting God and how God will help us through hard times. So we taught, and taught and taught and we got to a minute where we were all quiet just sitting there, and he was just sitting there thinking. I didnt feel like he really understood what we were trying to say and I didnt know what else to do so i turned towards my scriptures and at that very instant the wind blew the pages over and it landed on a page in my scriptures that wasnt marked, it was blank except for three little lines in red. I looked at the scripture and it was Alma 36:3 and the three tings were..."... for i do know that whosoever shall put his trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." I dont know if it was a coincidence or if it was meant to happen but that scripture fit perfectly and I shared it with him. And I truly felt the power in that moment! It was great! 

So overall this week has been one with ups and downs and my two months mark is tommorow! Time is going fast but im truly grateful to be here and I know that God sent me here for reason and that I have learned so much more than I could ever imagine and there really is no where I would rather be! How great is my calling! 
Love,
Sister Scott 

No comments:

Post a Comment