Monday, October 21, 2013


 
Also we finally got to see GENERAL CONFERENCE :)) I have to be honest. I never really realized how important it was before mission. Back home I could just record it and watch it whenever and I never really realized how important it was but now that I teach people about prophets and the importance of them and why we need them it makes me think of Doctrine and Covenants 1:38. Everything that the prophet says is what God wants us to hear. When the prophet and apostles speak, its as if God is speaking and so I listen to every single thing and I encourage everyone to really do the same when the Ensign or Liahona comes out as well. Study it, and then APPLY it. The three main themes we found were: 1. Missionary Work 2. Marriage and Families 3. Repentance. My favorite talk (even though they are all great and equally important) was by Richard Maynes who is in the Presidency of the 70. He talked about how we have to keep our testimonies in shape and how we always have to be doing something to make them strong. It reminded me of the story of the children of Israel when they were in the wilderness and they had to gather manna everyday. They couldn't store it up because it would go bad, but they physically had to go out each day and gather it and it is very symbolic of all of our lives. 1. God wanted them to remember him. Everyday in order to eat they were reminded of God as they gathered the manna. So we as well need to be reminded of God everyday. We need to do things everyday to remember him.
2. We cant store up spiritual food, we have to be fed daily. The children of Israel couldn't store the food or it would go bad. We as well have to be spiritually fed each and everyday. We cant go to church on Sunday for three hours and expect it to "feed" us the whole week. We cant read our scriptures for 5 hours and expect that to be good for a few days. We physically eat each day, and we need to spiritually eat each day as well.
 
So overall I loved conference and I had a hard yet fulfilling week! The work is good and I hope to continue to get better! As President Monson said in conference, "We all need to ask ourselves, Shall I falter or shall I finish?"
 
I know that I will finish because I know that the church is true. I know the gospel is true and I know that this is the one true church on the earth today. And I will tell it to all the world.
 
P.S. A lot of people have asked for my address and it is:
Sister Krystal Janel Scott
Botswana/Namibia Mission
P.O. Box 301797
Selepa Francistown
BOTSWANA Africa
 
Love you all and I appreciate the support!
 
Love, Sister Scott <3

No comments:

Post a Comment