Monday, January 5, 2015

The second thing that touched my week was my study from the Book of Mormon. This week I have been reading in chapters Alma 19-26. One thing that touched me was the story of Aaron teaching King Lamoni’s father and how when Aaron taught him he only had the desire to give up all that he had. He said ’’What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken,’’ and then goes on to say ‘’Behold I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom that I may receive this great joy.’’ As I read this my mind was impressed with how willing and eager he was to forsake everything that he had for the gospel. As I read on I came upon the story of the Anti Nephi Lehi’s. This was a group of people that were very wicked and full of iniquity for many years but once they heard the gospel and believed that changed. They wanted to never sin again. They even buried all of their weapons of war and when the Lamanites came to kill them, they gave up their lives freely just to keep their covenants with God. These stories really touched my heart of their sacrifices. It was once quoted that ‘’ A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce faith necessary unto life and salvation….the faith necessary unto the enjoyment of life and salvation never could be obtained without sacrifice of all earthly things.’’ As I read I just asked myself what am I willing to sacrifice for the gospel. Our minds don’t have to go far as we can all ask ourselves this question. What will I give up that may stand in between me and my Heavenly Father. Friends? Music? Tv? Or the occasional drink? This is something that we all need to ask ourselves. Will we give all that we have? Will we sacrifice for God? I love the Book of Mormon. It is a guide to my life and a guide into my future. It helps me and leads me so much and I learn more than I ever have just from its simple but true words. My prayer is that we all take the time to ask ourselves what we are willing to sacrifice and what do we need to do to change or sacrifice for God. I can promise that he knows. He knows our weaknesses and our struggles, but he is more than willing to be at our aid. During this Christmas season my mind reflects on our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that I am away from home for the last time and that this will be the last Christmas that I will get to spend laboring in Heavenly Fathers vineyard and my prayer is that I can make my Father proud by showing him what I am willing to sacrifice for him. I love you all and I pray that you have a Holly Jolly Christmas this year J See you soon! Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment