Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Blues ( 12/29/14)

Well I guess you can call this the after Christmas blues email. I have of course very saddened by the passing of this beloved holiday but of course I look forward to the next BIG one ) So how was your Christmas??? I hope that everyone one had wonderful holidays and Im so grateful for my wonderful family that I was able to talk with as well. Well we had a pretty great week. Of course it was not the most productive week as for as lessons go because people here go to their families and other places but of course we still had a nice time. Christmas day we had the opportunity to go to the Shonga family and to be able to spend the Christmas morning with them. We were able to watch the video ''Joy To The World'', and then we had a small lunch with them. After the video I asked everyone to go around and share what they were grateful for this Christmas. It was a wonderful moment that made my heart very happy. I realized at that moment how great it was to be here in Africa in my home away from home with people that love me just like m own family. It was so great. I will never forget this Christmas. My last one on mission. So after that we went to celebrate the birthday of the one of the sisters. It was a very nice time. We had PIZZA HUT! Yes I forgot to make the biggest announcement ever that the first PIZZA HUT ever opened here last week! I cried. I was so happy. I cant even believe it. Its so good. And it made me super home sick. But that's okay because it was 100% worth it. So then on Friday the 26th the missionaries in all of Zambia came together for a Christmas shindig. We had a dinner, white elephant gift exchange, dessert, and a movie. It was so super fun! Not to mention it was my first time seeing my love Sister Mbele (my daughter) and Sister Lyon again! It was so great. I love them so much. We are like sisters honestly. I totally feel like mission made me believe in Pre Earth life more than ever because I know that I knew them in the life before this. Haha. So it was super great. On Saturday we were able to have a short morning fireside with President and Sister Erickson. It was very nice. We discussed the sacrament and how we can better prepare ourselves and get more out of it. We learned how the sacrament gives us the opportunity to see where we were, where we are, and where we want to be spiritually. The sacrament allows us with the power to overcome those weakness that we have. We have to refine ourselves and help ourselves so that we can then be a better instrument in his hands. It was a really spiritual time and I enjoyed very much. So this week was good not very exciting but a great time that I got to spend here in Africa in Zambia. I know the gospel is true. I know that if it wasn't for the gospel I wouldn't be here and so that is the greatest blessing that has happened in my life. I love you all and I hope that you continue to stay strong and steadfast in all that you do! Love Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment