Wednesday, January 1, 2014



So my week continued to be great and then Friday we had the opportunity to have a zone meeting ( all the missionaries in my area) and we had the meeting on the top of Nyamgabwe Hill. That hill/mountain that we climbed before. So we climbed to the top and had our meeting and it was really great. We heard lots of great things and it was nice. But crazy thing was, while we were on the top we saw storm clouds coming but they were way faster than us. So on the top of this hill are these huge metal towers that attract electricity. So us sisters, we were getting out stuff together so we could go down and the clouds and rain were coming but the elders were moving way slow. So all of a sudden we just hear a huge pow! And the hill shakes and we all scream and go crazy because it was lighting! The lightening hit the tower that we were standing by and we were still on the top of the hill. It was literally the scariest crazy moment of my life! So the next day Saturday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges again and this time with Sister Joseph. She is 22 and from Port Elizabeth South Africa. She has been on mission like 13 months and she speaks Xhosa, that clicky language which is so cool! So she came with me in my area and we spent the day teaching together. It was pretty great! She is trying to teach me how to click but I told her my mouth doesnt move like that. She is pretty awesome though, she was just baptized 2 years ago and shes already on mission almost going home. That is something that inspires me about the people in Africa. All of the missionaries just joined the church and went straight on a mission and it just shows how much faith and diligence they have. It is pretty much amazing.
So overall I can say that this week was pretty amazing. It was my first Christmas away from home. away from my family, and away from America. But it was truly an amazing experience. I think it allowed me to really have the Spirit of Christmas and to really focus on doing the work of Christ. I feel like my love has grown for the people here and also for this work. There is a quote in Preach My Gospel that I love and it is something that I have thought about this week. It says that "The purpose of the gospel is to cleanse people of their sins so that they can receive the Savior's mercy at the day of judgement." That is what I fill everyday with, giving selfless service and showing love. I don't think there is anything that I could be doing on Christmas that would better.

So thanks everyone for all of the cards and letter because they truly mean alot. It is always to know that you are thought of and words cant really express how grateful I am for the love and support you all show. I wouldnt be here if it wasn't for each and every one of you and I love you all. I wish all of you a Happy New Year and I pray that make a list of things that we want to improve on for this brand new year and that we all take this year to get closer to our Savior and our Heavenly Father.

Lorato,
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment