Monday, December 23, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Dumelang borra le bomma!


Wow so what can i possibly say? This week has been one of the most inspiring and incredible weeks! Man where can I even start! So the mission president and his wife made an announcement last week that all of the missionaries in our mission would be driving to Gaborone for a Christmas devotional and program. So this week on Tuesday we got to drive down to Gaborone which is about 5 hours away from where I stay in Francistown. We got there around 1 and wow it was great! We got to see all of the missionaries and we had so much fun! All of us were suppose to come up with skits for each district or group of missionaries so it was truly entertaining! When we got there they fed us lunch (Cafe Rio like salads so for those who dont know, the best salads ever!) Then we had our performances and man it was so funny! Of course the elders in our group wanted us to rap, so all of sisters did a rap and of course yours truly had to bebop. Hah! It was so funny! We had hats and caps and it was so funny! Everyone loved it! So after that we had a little devotional with the President and he taught us about Christmas and how the story of the tree of life in the Book of Mormon relates to the Tree of Life. It was truly amazing and great. I never even heard it before. So something else truly mind blowing happened as well. 

So recently me and Sister Lyon have been doing tracting and just trying to find more people to teach. So one of our investigators, Ishmael Adam who is on date to be baptized and who is doing absolutely great, invited his sisters to our Christmas party at church. So at the party they both told us they wanted to be taught and so we set up appointments and went to see them. So neither of them know English at all and so we were just really overwhelmed. So we just knew that this would be great if we could get his whole family to learn the gospel and be baptized and so we were really just trying to figure out what to do. We take translators to our lessons but oftentimes people tell us they dont want us to teach them through a translator, they want to hear it directly from us. It really is something that has been bothering me somewhat and just been heavy on my mind. So Wednesday was definitely inspired. After the devotional our mission president made another huge announcement. He has decided that our mission will now will officially learning Setswana!!! He said that we will learn it in stages, little by little, but eventually we will get preach my gospel lessons in setswana so we can teach everyone! Man, I honestly know that God is answering prayers. As we were trying to find a solution, God provided us with one, so now we are learning Setswana! He said we will start having language study every day and we also will get notebooks to write things down and just learn faster! So honestly I am freaking out, but im so excited as well! So this week I have been practicing and practicing. I know it will take time but I also know that this is going to open so many doors for us. It just reminded me of the scripture that says that all things are done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. I think will help us better teach his children and also help all of our issues we are having with staying here. 

So im pretty exicited! This week is Christmas and I know it will be great. Its very different being here because everyone leaves and so its hard to find people to teach or have anyone to see. There were about 20 people at church yesterday and so I think its easy to get discouraged and down during this time that we are away from our families. But we read a talk by Jefferey R. Holland called "Christmas Within You" and it talks about how we still need to work hard during this time and being on mission is a wonderful time to really understand the true meaning of Christmas. I love you all and I appreciate the many letters, cards, and packages. They are really great and I know that God will continue to watch over and bless you all during this time of year. I also want to encourage everyone to also take this time to get closer to the Savior. There is no better time to remember him and get to know him than this season. I know that Christmas is an invitation for all of us to "Come and See." We can all experience and share the love of our Savior. So Ke a itse gore Buka ya ga Mormone ke a nnete.(I know that the Book of Mormon is true). I know that I wouldnt want to be anywhere else except Africa sharing this message with my brothers and sisters. I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful Merry Christmas!


Ke a Gorata
Sister Scott
 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment