Monday, January 13, 2014

5 Months and I Love It


Dumela my dear family and friends!

Well its official. I'm five months old :)

Man time flies when you're having fun, and that is exactly what this mission has been so far! This week has also been fun/crazy/dramatic and so I don't even know where to start. This was a pretty great week if i had to say so. Monday me and Sister Lyon went to Debonair's Pizza so we could celebrate our five month mark together since we couldn't Wednesday because she was leaving to go to Gaborone. So Monday was pretty great we got to just hang out and relax. On the other hand we have worked pretty hard this week. Just trying to teach as many people as we could and even still find time to go finding has been pretty great. So Sister Joseph who is the Sister Training Leader had to go to Gaborone for a meeting and since she can't drive Sister Lyon had to drive her down there and back (about 8 hours) and so they left Wednesday morning and so me and Sis Faux had to be companions for a couple of days. It was pretty nice. We worked in both areas and even taught some pretty amazing lessons. It was sweet. So on the bright side we also had some pretty amazing moments this week as well. So this week we met with one of our investigators Sephiwe and her boyfriend Molen. So we have been teaching them since October and it has been pretty hard. Just trying to get them to understand the gospel and come to church and everything. So up until now they both have just felt like they havent gotten that answer that the Book of Mormon and all of these things are true. We ask them every time and they always say they have been praying and praying but they havent gotten an answer yet. So this week was pretty sweet. As we taught about the Plan of Salvation Sephiwe's eyes just lit up and she said how she understood it now. She then reached over and grabbed the Book of Mormon and just said "I know it's true. I know all of it is true. Everything you have taught me is true." Man at that moment My heart just dropped! I just know that it is God and he is working in their lives and they are seeing the change. I have to say that those are the best moments on a mission. Moments like that. 

So then we had another awesome experience this week that really made me heart swell. So Adam our investigator who we have been teaching since my first day here, we had a pretty great lesson on the Atonement. We were just reading 2 Nephi 2 and talking about Christ and how through him we can all return and live with God again. It was a pretty great lesson and the spirit was just so great. Towards the end of the lesson I was teaching and I was just telling him how God wants all of us back. How Jesus Christ died so that we could all return and live with him. So as we sat there together he just got very quiet and we just sat there and then he just says "Even me?" "I can live with God again?" At that moment I felt something in my heart. This was a moment that he really got it, and the gospel just clicked. I told him yes even he can live with God again and that is the whole purpose of the gospel. The whole purpose of any of us being here is to make it back to God. He just smiled and I could tell that he finally understood. I don't think anything will ever make me forget that day. So spiritually I can say his week was great however it was a somewhat painful week as well. Yes. Painful. 

So I have been having a toothache for around 2 weeks and I really didn't know what to do. I just was trying to see if it would go away and I quickly learned it wasn't so I told the Senior missionaries and of course I had to do everyones favorite thing. Yes, go to the dentist. So besides being completely scared and apprehensive I was really nervous about going. So Friday I went and man I dont even know what to say. They checked out my teeth and she said that my gums were swollen but she doesn't see anything wrong and I don't have any cavities or anything. So then she said it was time for me to get them cleaned so they were going to. So she did it and man, my mouth hurt for almost 2 days. So I don't really know what was going on or anything but I can say that my toothache is gone so I guess I'll worry about it if it comes again. 

So other than toothaches and amazing lessons I pretty much had the best Sunday ever. There are so many less actives in my area that we have been working with. Many of them got baptized and went less active soon after and we have been working so hard. So I had an idea that we should just try to visit all of them on Saturday. We should teach them and also offer to help them wash or clean so they can make it to church. So we visited so many! I was so excited and I just knew that they would come. Alot of them havent been to church in 1 or 2 years but I just knew in my heart they would come. So Sunday rolls around and church starts at 9 am. So at 9 am guess how many were there? Yes, 0. I felt so discouraged. I just knew in my heart they would come and I just didnt know what happened. So we are sitting there and sitting there. Im totally just sad at this point. Just at that moment I look outside and I see all of them coming in! Everyone we visited on Saturday came! All of these less actives and even our investigators came. Talk about a trial of your faith! I knew for sure that they would be there and it was just when I started to doubt that God showed us his hand and showed us his mercy.  Im so proud of all of them and I honestly think that was the best day of my life. I have never been happier and I see this is what mission is all about. The Lord loves his sheep and I love them too! I love it here and I can see God's hand in my life and also in others. Mission is the best and the gospel is the best. I wouldn't change it for the world! So anyway I hope you all are well and doing great! I love you all and miss you all! Stay great!

P.S. Thanks everyone for all of the letters and all the love! You guys are the best!

Love,
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment