Monday, November 25, 2013

Prayer is a priviledge


Dumela!!!!

Well, I don't even really know what to say about this week. Haha. It was a little on the uneventful and crazy side. Me and my new comp Sister Two have just been working really hard on father led families. We have been doing finding/ tracting like everyday. We seriously don't even talk to women anymore we just pass them and only talk to men. The gospel blesses families and so families are our goals! :) Things are going good though. I love being in Monarch it really is great! The people are great and I love them so much! I can't even really imagine leaving. Sad news is that Africans don't celebrate Thanksgiving and so me and the Sisters are making plans to celebrate somehow/someway. Even though Africa has like 30% of food we have in America we don't really know how we are going to do it, but im excited! Haha. The weather is hot. Lets just say hot because there is really no word to describe just how hot it truly is! I have a baptism coming up on Saturday  the 30th. I'm so excited! His name is Tshenolo and he is an 11 year old boy. He is great! He is so smart and so sweet I love him! This will be my 5th baptism and hopefully more soon!!! Seeing the gospel change peoples lives is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Seeing someone tell you how the Book of Mormon helps them and how they feel when they pray about Joseph Smith or the church and how they are receiving answers to their prayers just makes me want to cry! The gospel is sooo true! People are honestly missing out!!!
  This week I have been really focusing on prayer and how prayer truly blesses our lives. I currently am reading in Ether and about the brother of Jared. I just noticed that prayer works in many different ways. God answers our prayers in different ways. Sometimes we expect to pray about something and for God to just fix it. But as I was reading the story I realized that sometimes God answers differently. We can pray and he will just fix things. Other times God expects us to figure things out. We can pray to him but he wants us to make a decision and then he will let us know if what we chose is correct. Also sometimes he will answer our prayers through someone else. God hears all of us but he will answer different ways. Prayer is power. It is a gift and a blessing. Prayer is a priviledge. So these are my thoughts for the week. They are not a lot but I hope that this reaches everyone in a different way. I love you all and I hope all is well! Stay strong and stay true! I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Ke a gorata (Love),
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment