Monday, July 28, 2014

Ether 12:27


Mulibwanji !!!

Wowzer this week has come and gone! The days really do fly by when you're having fun! So this week was a very good one of course since we did what we do best, MISSIONARY WORK.  :)
But really I do love the area that i'm in and everything is going on as well. The branch that I am in Chainama is booming. There are about 5 people preparing for missions and so mst of our days are filled with working with them and giving them the whole missionary experience. Its pretty sweet. Since we are whitewashing we spend alot of time just tracting and contacting but we actually have been finding alot of new people and i'm pretty excited.
Nothing big happened this week but we did have interviews with the Mission President. It was very nice and I really enjoyed it alot. It makes me realize that I don't have that much longer on mission and I really just want to give it my all these last 6 months and how I want to really focus. So this week I actually had things that I was trying to decide and decisions I was contemplating and I took the opportunity to fast and pray. As I studied the scriptures and other things I came across chapter 12 in Ether that talks about faith and also our weakness. Lately I have been filling very insufficent and even sometimes comparing myself to other people especially missionaries. Ether 12:27 states, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I know that all of us are weak in different things. God has given us weakness that we may remember him and that we may rely on him more fully and completely. Something that I have realized is that nothing is possible without God. Sometimes we try to do things on our own and its not what God has planned for us it will fail. But its not enough just to recognize our weakness but its also essential that we strive to strengthen ourselves in those areas that we are weak. That we seek after God. Throughout the scripture repeatedly it says "Ask and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." I know that God wants us to seek. To strive to become better people and better disiciples even in our weakness. We have to rely on God our father and also his atonement for that is the only thing that will lift us up. But its up to us because God will never force us. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and that he lives.No matter our weakness, our faults, or our mistakes he loves us perfectly and infinitely. I love you all and im so grateful for family and friends that are always there for me, you don't know how much it helps me!

I hope you all have a great week! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment