Monday, July 14, 2014

Sister Alert!!


Mulibwanji!

My dearest family and friends how are you doing? Wow its only been a week but I feel like its been years already! Yes so much has happened I dont even know where to start. So yeah I was transferred across the border lines and so now im writing you from Lusaka Zambia! 

I arrived on Tuesday in Lusaka and my new companion hadn't come yet so me and Sister Mbele stayed and just hung around for a few days. My companion came on Wednesday night and she is just great! Her name is Sister Makunye and she is 29 from South Africa as well. She is super tall and cute. She is also super sweet, like the nicest person that you could ever meet! So yeah she came and so we all hung around together and then Thursday morning Sister Mbele left and headed to the Copperbelt in northern Zambia. Honestly can I tell you that I felt like a mother at that moment. There were definitely tears shed. I will miss her so much. Honestly I know that I would not have made it through the past 4 months without her and I would not have learned as much as I did if I hadnt been with her. I love her like way too much its not even real! 

So she left and then Thursday and Friday we just spent the time in our new area getting to know it and also looking around. So my new area is called Chainama Branch. It is a sweet area. It is nice suburbs and also a little bit of compounds, so the poorer areas. It is super great and sweet. We are whitewashing and also we are the first sisters there in like 7 or more years so we are pretty much the first ones. I'm super excited for that. Saturday we got to attend YSA with the younger ones so that was great! and then Sunday we attended for the first time and man it reminds me so much of Monarch, my first area on mission back in Botswana so im super excited!!!! And boy our branch can SANG! I wont even say sing because its too great, they can SANG. I felt like I was a part of a Kirt Franklin choir yesterday. It was sweet. The branch is great and wonderful. I even met one member whos sons went to school in Fayetville, Arkansas. What are the odds of that? Its pretty sweet. 

So since we are brand new we pretty much have to hit the streets everyday looking for people to teach but im excited for these last 7 months of working hard! So far we have one investigator Brother Nkhata who is an older gentleman around 50 or 60. He is super great and prepared and we will be extending a baptism date today so he will be getting baptized soon! I know that this is Heavenly Fathers work and that things are slowly falling into place. Im super excited to see what happens and even to see the Lords hand in our work and in our area. I am so grateful for this time that I have to be refined and to show Heavenly Father my love for him. We didnt teach anyone this week but I know that next week will be great!!!!! Anyway I love you all and I thank you for all that you do! 

 Thanks everyone who writes me, it really encourages me and helps me alot. I cant believe in a few weeks I will turn one year! Im super excited to see what the Lord has in store for me! Love you all and have a great week!


Love 
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment