Monday, July 7, 2014

Third Times The Charm


Mulibwanji

My dear family and friends!
How are you? I hope that your week was well . Well guess what??? Its that time again. Transfer time. So we just found out Thursday that we are both getting transferred me and Sister Mbele. So we are flying out tommorow and I am going to serve in Lusaka, Zambia and I will be opening an area for sisters (going to area that has never has sisters) and I will be with my new companion Sister Makunye who I have yet to go and meet. My companion is going to Zambia too but she will be going to Kitwe in the Copperbelt in Zambia and she will be companions with one of my old companions Sister Two. So the time has come and the hour is at hand. So we are flying out tommorow morning at 7am bright and early.
This past week though was actually a fairly great one for me. We did not teach a ton of people but we did have good lessons this week. This week we learned alot about the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion and teaching. One thing that I realize is that missionary work and even teaching in any aspect of the church requires our heed to the spirit and our desire to be led in all things. As a missionary we need to listen to the spirit to be able to teach the investigators but also in order to find and even teach. In the D&C its says that if we do not teach by the spirit then we are not teaching by God so it is by some other way. So one thing I have been working on is teaching by the spirit and even recognizing the spirit on my life. It has definitely help me alot and I can feel it in the work.

One of the lessons we taught this week was definitely a powerful one. One of our investigators Mkagula is an older guy about 71 who is a widower. He comes to church and he knows that it is true but he has really been struggling with accepting to get baptized. So this week we decided to start teaching him the gospel of Jesus Christ so we can emphasize baptism. We started with faith and repentance and it was so great! We went into repentance and I felt the spirit teaching him in a way that I hadn't felt before. As we taught him alot of things came up that he didn't know and had never realized about repentance. I realized then that sometimes as we follow the spirit then it will ultimately help us. If he hadn't really learned about repentance or really understood he would not have been ready to take the next step but because we listened to the spirit we addressed a need of his. The spirit is key!
This week was great and we got to say goodbye to our branch and I am oh so grateful to have had this time to serve here in Malawi. I can honestly say that I will never forget it. Honestly I have went through a trail of my faith being here and I can say that I have not been defeated but I have definitely learned things that I know will be able to help me someday in my life. I know that the things we learn on mission will bless our lives.

I love you all and miss you all and will keep you updated next week! Well have a good week!!! This week is my 11 months!!! :))
Love
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment