Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY !


Maswela! (Good Afternoon)
 
Hello my dear family and friends! I know many have been waiting and anticipating for the weekly email. Because of internet issues and such we had to move emailing to today another day! But what can I say about this week. It has definitely been one of the more trying weeks but also very rewarding. As you know this was week 2 of training my new baby Sister Mbele and so that of course was great. She is a great sister and a great missionary. Even though things are hard to adjust too she is such a trooper and definitely sticks it out and works hard. She has such great potential and it is my piviledge to be able to train her.
 
So not many new things happened this week but it was still a very nice week. We taght some pretty sweet lessons and even had some cool opportunities. One thing that was pretty great was that we got ot service this week for one of our investigators Lingililani. He was supposed to get baptized a while ago but had some difficulties and then we lost track of him. So Tuesday was our first day in the area just me and Sister Mbele and we had 0 appointments set so I already had a pit in my stomach. I felt a little nervous because I was thinking "Im traing and I have to be an example but I have no idea what we are going to do today." So we go out and I just have this hope in my heart that things will work out. So to my suprise as we are walking around I just have these names come to mind to go check on this person or go see this person and luckily we found them all there. So then I had this feeling that we should go to check on Lingililanni. We had been looking for him for two months and he was never home and so I thought why not. So we go and to our suprise we find him there! He didnt seem too excited to see us and even said he didnt have time for us to teach but something told me to ask if we could help him. So I asked him "Is there anything we can help you with today?" He just looked down and then asked "Like what?" and I told him anything he needed and he asked if we  knew how to shuck corn. Of course I didnt know how but I told him if he showed us then we could do it. So I dont know if anyone has ever had this grand opportunity to shuck corn out of the fields but boy can I tell you that was indeed a service I will never forget. We probably shucked like 40 ears of corn by hand and byt the time we were done I had blisters on my hands. It was hard and painful but during the time that we were able to help him he definitely opened up and even agreed to come to church (and he did). So I definitely learned that sometimes we just have to be a friend, and that will soften the hearts and we will be able to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
Another powerful lesson we had this week was with a woman named Thokozile. I think I mentioned her before and how we were able to meet her on the street and find out that she had been taught by 5 sets of missionaries already. So we went to visit her this week and even we decided to share with her the Restoration. She goes to her own church but she loves us coming so we figured maybe reviewing the Restoration and reminding her would help but come to find out, as we started to begin to ask her questions she ended up teaching us the lesson instead. She talked about Jesus Christ and his church, Joseph Smith and also the Book of Mormon. I sat there pretty amazed not because she could remember but because she knew it all and was not doing anything about it. When she finished we asked her if she knew that these things were true and she told us simply. "I know thats it true. I know that all of this is true. The Book of Mormon is true and the church." So then I asked her if she knew what that meant, that that means that this is the only True church on the face of the whole earth. Then she responded she knew that too but that she had responsiblities at her church she was attending. At that moment I felt the spirit so strong. I just could feel it inside of me and I bore her my testimony of everything that I knew was true. I told her that I knew Heavenly Father had sent all of the missioanries to her for a reason! That we are number 6 and that God is speaking to her and it is up to her to listen or not. I told her that she needed to pray and truly ask God what she should do. I know that God makes no mistakes. I could see the tears in her eyes and I knew that she could feel it too. I truly felt the spirit testifying through me and I know that the things I shared were true. I know that our Heavenly Father lives! I know that he loevs us all so infinitely and beyond comprehension. I know that we are his children and that he has restored his gospel on the earth for all of us. That his goal is to be with all of us again but that is only through listening and obeying the commandments of God and living our lives as witnesses of the Savior. This is his work. I promise that each of us are here for a reason and that the gospel is the road map back to Heaven. Sometimes it makes us have to make hard decisions or we feel like we have to choose between the gospel or other things but its simple and its easy.
 
I know that Heavenly Father is real and he answers prayers. I know that this is the only true church on the earth. I know it and I love it.
 
I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week!
 
PS (Letters are welcome and lovely emails to remind me of you :))) Happy April Fools!
 
Love
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment