Monday, February 3, 2014

The Garden of Eden


Hello everyone!
 
I hope all is well on that side of the globe! Life is continuing on here and the missionary work as well! For all who dont know, I arrived in my area of Blantyre, Malawi last Tuesday after a long flight and bus ride. Man is this different than Botswana. Blantyre is nicknamed "The Garden of Eden" because it is so green. There are mountains, hills, and tons of maize fields everywhere. Its very pretty ad very HILLY! Man, if I didnt know how to climb before I sure am learning. We have to climb a hill just to leave our flat. We dont have a car as well so we have to walk most places that we go and we have a huge area as well. Our area is probably like Sherwood, North Little Rock and Little Rock combined. Just me and my companion cover that area and its pretty crazy. It takes us about 30-40 minutes to walk to our appointments so we walk alot each day. It isnt too bad but it is definitely hard just because of the hills. I am now serving in the Blantyre 2nd branch and we actually have a chapel now which is pretty gorgeous. Its so nice. The only thing about Zambia is that the church has been here for a while and it is more esablished than Botswana which means tons of less actvies. On Sunday we had about 30 people there and there are about 250 in the branch so yeah, we have alot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment