Monday, February 10, 2014

6 MONTHS


Mulibwanji!!!!!
Hey family and friends! How are you all doing? I hope things are great for you all! Well my apologies ahead of time for having a scattered email but this week had been pretty crazy I can say! Well it started off kind of rough because I wasn't feeling the best. I woke up with a sore throat one day and ten it just got progressively worse and then it started to spread to my ear and my ear sounded like it was underwater so that was not fun at all. So my week started somewhat slow and hard. So my area that I am working in is the 2nd largest area that missionaries have and it is quite difficult. I guess you can say that it is the richer area. Most of the houses are like mansions and they all have huge gates and it wouldn't be so hard to teach people if every house didn't have a gate! Its so different from Botswana! People here are way richer than in Botswana. An average person has like a huge house: a guard, a maid, a gardener, a cook and a driver! Yes people here have drivers and so it is very overwhelming because we cant even get past peoples guards to get to their houses. So this week was a struggle. We have been trying to be creative and find ways to get to the people but we still haven't been very lucky.
However I think this week I have also been just trying to refocus my mind and focus my energy. I just felt like I need to just have a self reflection and just trust in God and so that is what we did. So this week I had a pretty amazing experience. So we were tracting in one of our areas and we were having not a lot of luck. We were walking for hours and we still hadn't really found anyone. So we got to this street and I just said a prayer in my heart and I asked Heavenly Father to just lead us to someone who would be prepared for the gospel. So we are walking down the street and I see and house with two really nice cars and a nice house and I tell my companion we should go there. I just kind of felt good but i also was sort of scared. So we go up and knock on the door. A man answers the door and he doesn't even have a shirt on and so we think oh man lets go! But then he tells us to come in and runs off to put a shirt on. So we go in and sit down. We immediately see how nice this house is and all. To make along story short we were definitely lead right there. He ended up being a great guy. He is well educated and has 2 masters and is working on the third. He is into engineering and has like 7 cars and travels the world. He was super interested in our message and just super excited! He insisted that we come back and I knew that God was leading us that day and It was that moment that I realized that he wanted me to know that he is still there and he still cares.
I feel like things have been hard but this week I just really realized that God is the one in control. Ive been really sick and just struggling but at the end of the day everyday is a testimony that God is there and he cares. He works in each of our lives everyday even if we don't realize it. He loves us all and he gives up challenges so we can grown closer to him. Trials drive us closer to the Lord and humble us and i'm definitely feeling that! This week was also great as I hit my 6 month mark! <3 I have 1/3 of the way down and so I have one year left to do all I can and to truly make a difference. I pray that God will continue to strengthen me and mold me into the missionary that he wants me to be.
I love you all! and miss you lots!!! Hope you all stay well!
Love,
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment