Monday, March 17, 2014

The Time Is Far Spent


Good Afternoon my fellow family and friends I hope everyone is doing so amazing and great and know that I miss you all very much! I just want to say thanks for all of the love and support! You are all so great! So overall I really had no words to describe this week because it was possibly the most emotional week of my entire mission. Why you might ask? Well we will get to that shortly.
So this week actually was a pretty great week. Me and Sister Rawlins have been working so hard to  really build up our teaching pool and find people, especially families to teach. Honestly things are going well. We have one investigator that we definitely found miraculously. We were just walking around on this street with no one to teach and we just decided to go into his yard. We see this older guy sitting outside painting his garden tools and he looks up and says, "Oh wow its the Latter Day Saints. You're back!" So of course me and Sister Rawlins look at each other confused and he tells us to come in and take a seat. When we sit down he begins to tell us his story. How he met missionaries back in 2004 and he had been taught pretty much everything. he went to church every week and was ready to get baptized, but then his wife died and he stopped going. That was truly a miracle and we even shared more with him about the plan of salvation and about what happens to us when we die. It was so powerful and now is coming to church! So I can definitely say that miracles are really happening here and also I know that with time he will be baptized. So that was just one of the great miracles that we saw. We taught some really great lessons and even I have so much hope for the area.
Another great thing that we got to experience was Saturdays Fireside here in Blantyre. Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Seventy and in the presidency of the Africa Southeast Area came and held a devotional about the church here in Africa. It was so Amazingggggggg. Words cant even express how amazing it was. He pretty much talked about how the church in Africa is growing so fast. It is growing faster here than it grew when it first started in the States. Unfortunately the church is growing so fast that the members here can't sustain themselves and so alot of the money the church has is being used up faster than it is getting so the Prophet and apostles came up with a solution. Now instead of building new chapels for every ward in Africa now they will just start having one chapel as a stake center all the rest of the meetinghouses will be leased or rented homes. This was there are still places to meet but doesnt cost so much. It was a really inspired devotion and the words he spoke at the end were truly inspired. He said that he felt that the church in Africa only needs about 30 years and its will have more members than anywhere else in the whole world. Isnt that amazing? I'm so happy that I get to take part in building the Lords Kingdom even if its only placing a small square on the foundation, I know the work we are doing here is great. He even said that he thinks most of the missionaries of the future will come from Africa and so that makes our job so much more important. We are molding future leaders of the church and its is so wonderful and great. I was really inspired and enjoyed it quite alot.
Oh man but the most intense part was the end when our mission president pulled me and my companion aside to talk to us alone. Man, he told us that we are being transferred and that I am called to be a trainer and my companion Sister Rawlins is leaving and going to Lilongwe (Another City) and that this is our last week together. I think we were both in shock and we just kind of stood there both about to cry. Honestly I was completely surprised and slightly in shock. So I will be training. My new companion comes from the MTC this week and then we will meet so I dont know her name or anything yet I just know she is from Africa so guess im training! At first I was really thinking, "Man I can't get a break" haha but honestly I feel like I have been stretched so much this year and honestly I feel like God is really molding me into something so much better. I realize now that trials are a way to refine us and they make us better. So im really sad to leave Sister Rawlins she honestly was exactly what I needed and she is like a sister to me but i'm excited to be what my Heavenly Father wants me to be and do what he wants me to do.
So I want you all to know that I love you very much and even know that this church is true and I wouldn't give it up for the world!
P.S. If anyone wants to know what they can do or something that I would love it would definitely be Letters!!! Emails are great but Letters would be thrilling!!! :)) I wish you all the best and hope you have a great week. Love you love you love you!
Sister Scott

                            Sister Krystal Janel Scott
                             Zambia Lusaka Mission
                             14038 Katima Mulilo Road
                              Lusaka Zambia 10101

No comments:

Post a Comment