Monday, June 2, 2014

IF IT WAS EASY. IT WOULDN'T BE WORTH IT.


Hello my dear family and friends!
How are you? I hope that all is well. Things are pretty crazy here but I can officially say that the Malawi elections are over and so the work can go on as usual! Today was the inauguration and the new president is a man that has been in America for 25 years and he taught at Yale so bright things in the future of Malawi!
So things are good as far as the work goes. Things have been pretty slow, but me and Sister Mbele are still doing great and still working hard. This past week I can say was one of the better weeks that we have had. Honestly missionary work is HARD.I  can say that hands down and I can also see that Satan is real. This week we did alot of contacting and finding. So we have been focusing alot on following up. As missionaries we have the tendency to go out and meet 30 people a day and write all of their numbers down and then we forget to actually call and make appointments. So that was our goal this week, we went back and contacted many people that we met in the past. To our surprise we actually found families! Yay for families! We even got to teach two of them this past week which was pretty amazing! So that was my highlight of the week!
Among other things, since we got to stay in these past weeks more than usual I have had alot more time to study. So I have been studying the talk by Elder Holland "Missioanry Work and the Atonement." For all of you out there it is pretty amazing! I feel like mission has taught me a greater appreciation for the atonement and what it means to me. Something that I loved and really related to is how he talked about how the atonement not only carries investigators but also the missionaries. Yes the atonement cleanses us from our sins but it is also something that is there to give us comfort and to help us through our trials. He said that Missionary work isn't easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. How true is that? Sometimes he said, missionaries have to experience a little bit of Gethsemane.
Powerful right? That Atonement is an enabling power. It gives comfort, strength and hope. It gives life. I really feel like I have been having trail after trial after trial. I realize that the atonement is and  should be our source of strength when we are down, discouraged and defeated. How can it be easy for us when it wasn't easy for Jesus Christ. That is what I realized. It can't be easy. Then it wouldn't be worth it. I now that Jesus Christ lives and he is my Savior. He is there for all of us no matter what we are going through, he can perfectly understand. As we use the atonement and pray to our Heavenly Father he will be able to help us.
Well sorry that this is short but those are my thoughts for the week. I love you all and I pray that you all use the Atonement and I pray that you all know who you can rely on. Alma 17:5,10,11. Know who we can look to for strength! I love you all!


Love
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment