Monday, May 19, 2014

Agents of God


Mulibwanji!

Im sorry guys my Chichewa skills are not progressing as fast as Setswana but just know that I am putting forth the effort :) I know greetings and how to say I love you, but thats about it.
So this week was one great week! We had the opportunity to have our Zone Conference. Can I say that I just love Zone Conference? Its the opportunity for all of the missionaries to gather together and learn the skills and tools that will help us to become better servants of the Father and its was so amazing!
So we had the opportunity to have the Lilongwe Zone come and join us so it was a combined Zone Conference. So of course that was great because I got to see Sister Rawlins my love again! It was so great. So the sisters came down and stayed the night so of course we got together and caught up on everything which was sweet. So Thursday we all went to the chapel and got to hear from Elder Hamilton who is the 2nd Counselor in the Africa Southeast presidency and also in the Quorum of the Seventy. It was so powerful. We had a four hour conference. The first hour was a meeting for the leaders and since im a trainer I was able to attend it as well. It was so great. He taught about leadership and how we should be as leaders. He said that the world and the church are different in their views of leadership. In the world when someone is in charge they look at others as if they are below them. In the church however he said leadership should be the mentality of chief vs servant. Those that are leaders should lead by being servants to everyone around them. The best leaders tell how and show how. Our greatest example of this is the Savior Jesus Christ who served everyone around him, even his own apostles. The best leaders are servants. It was really powerful and definitely influenced me. I want to strive myself to be an example of Christ and be the leader that he himself would be.
The last few hours were also accompanied by teaching and instruction from both President and Sister Erickson and also Elder and Sister Hamilton. They discussed more about out spiritual preparation and tools and things that will help us in the work. It was so great and I learned alot. He said that we are Agents of God and that we are like the Fathers hands. People need to recognize that we are his servants and we are here to serve him and his children. All I can say is that it was really powerful and I definitely learned alot. I can definitely say that I know that the church is true. I know that the Savior lives and that he loves us. No matter what we do our Savior is always there to hold us up. I know that I am here to serve him and that he is here with us. I pray for you. I pray that you will hold on to the pearl, the gospel, as tight as you can. No matter what happens remember why we are here and what the Lord expects us to do. 

I love you all. Thanks for the letters and emails they are inspiring and uplifting. :)
Ndimakukonda (I love you)
Best wishes!
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment